During the winter months, we try to get the parking lot and the roads leading up to Rifle/Pistol Ranges 1, 2 and 3 plowed as soon as possible. However, when we get a lot of snow or precipitation, all of the traps and the cemented areas around the rifle and pistol benches/firing lines can be buried in snow and/or ice. With that in mind, we want all of our members to be aware of the following, if you plan on shooting out here after inclement weather:
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT RIFLE/PISTOL MEMBER:
1. You may need to scoop/clear your area first.
2. DO NOT GO OFF ANY TRAILS THAT HAVE NOT ALREADY BEEN PLOWED. We cannot guarantee that someone will be out here to help at certain times.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT TRAP MEMBER:
1. The area around the traps and the fan may not be cleared.
2. The locks will most likely be frozen. You can hold them in your hands for a while to warm them up if needed.
3. Make sure you warm up the machines PRIOR to arming and starting to throw the rocks (at least 10-15 minutes in colder times).
4. You will have to clear any snow away from the machine and pump PRIOR to running it. With the wind that brings in snow, sometimes snow can get inside the traps.
We welcome any volunteers who are willing to come clear these areas during these weather conditions. If you are able and interested, please contact the managers.